Thursday, March 10, 2011

Getting Started.

As this is my very first blog post, let me introduce myself. My name’s Jade, I’m of Belgian/Italian/Euromutt descent, I love salsa, I’ve seen every Gilmore Girls episode known to man, and I’m a writer.
The reason I decided to create this blog was because of a startling realization. I realized that I was beginning to lack the true ambition that drives good writing. Ever since kindergarten, I’ve known I wanted to be an author and this is the time in my life when I really need to focus on honing my skill. So here's where the blog comes in. I know that I can do something and do it well if I have to. Taking on a project such as this will give me the structure and the concrete boundaries I need to refocus on ‘crunch time.’ When I see a problem and I do whatever it takes to fix it.
Because I’m analytically determined like that.
Now I know that I probably won’t acquire many, if any, readers. But that is absolutely fine with me. I’m doing this for me, to help me (to quote Norbet Platt) regain my equilibrium within the soul-searching method of putting pen to paper. However, that doesn’t mean that readers won’t be greatly appreciated. (:
How this is going to work: I’m going to be posting something new every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. (These dates can be subject to change, but I will be posting at least three times a week regardless)
Topics will include progress on any stories/poems/bios I happen to be working on, journal entries about writing/writers/etc, or general writer’s notebook-esque sort of passages. (Which can be beautiful or introspective or funny or just plain bad food for thought pieces that don’t fit anywhere else.)
On a final note, I’d like to quote the great Gail Carson Levine by saying, “The only way to write better is to write more.”
Thanks Gail, I'm trying.

1 comment: