Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's Get Acquainted.

Today, I’m going to be incredibly narcissistic.
                Now I know that deep down in the very souls of the internet drifters who randomly stumble upon this page, there’s a desire to know more about me as a person.
                So because I like to entertain the idea that this collection unimpressed, haphazard readers actually care, I’ve pulled together a few questions to answer from tag videos on Youtube.
Enjoy.


1.       What is your name? Is there anything you’d like to share about it?
My name is Jade. And while I could actually go on for pages about all my personal feelings about and experiences with my name, I’ll give you the condensed version.
-I was not named after anyone or anything, my father simply liked the way it sounded.
-Like most people, I didn’t like my name growing up and I wanted to change it to Jasmine or Ariel or any title employed by a Disney princess. But over the years I have really come to love it and realize that it’s scary how much it actually fits me.
-However, I would not recommend naming any of your future children this. Especially if they are soft spoken, because anyone in the history of forever who asks for said name will immediately respond with the questions, “What? Jane?”
2. What's the first thing you notice about people?
I guess that depends on the person. If I someday meet a person with a neon blue mowhawk, I’d say it’s a pretty safe guess that the mohawk will be the first thing I notice. But in general, I would say that I first notice a person’s confidence level.
3. What is your eye color?
Every color except brown… and purple.
4. Computer or TV?
This is a bit of an interesting question for me because as it turns out, I am somewhat addicted to the computer and not the TV. However I genuinely enjoy watching television more than I enjoy being on the internet.
Addictions are not your friends.
5. What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
Los Angeles, California
6. What do you think you can do but can't?
Play tennis. I think I’m really awesome at it because I am a pro at Wii tennis, but when it comes to actually using actual skill and strength instead of flicking your wrist to the left or right, I’m out.
7. What is a favorite TV show from your childhood?
Full House.
8. If you could live in any era/time period, when would it be and why?
Anywhere in the 1880s - 1900s.
9. Do you have reoccurring dreams? If so, explain?
I don’t generally have reoccurring dreams, but I can remember a few dreams from my childhood that all had to do with alligators.
10. What's your horoscope?
Aquarius.
11. Do you have neat handwriting? Show us!
It really depends on the day. Sometimes it will be neat and sometimes it will be sloppy. I actually studied handwriting analysis in depth last year for a paper I was writing.
This is my handwriting today:
12. Where were you 3 hours ago?
Packing. I will be vacationing all of next week.
J

13. What are you wearing right now?
A tee shirt and cotton shorts.
14.Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?
Actually, I hardly ever wash my car. The car I have currently, I’ve owned for almost one year and I have taken it through the car wash once. Hey, I’ve got money to save!
It’s not even really that dirty, just a little dust and dirt in the crevices. I mean it’s not like I go off-roading on muddy mountain paths like on Chrysler commercials. But really, does anyone?
15. Where were you last week at this time?
Probably in the same place I am now. My room, trying to get every procrastinated activity finished in under a half hour so I don’t resemble the walking dead in the morning. Not likely to happen.
16. When is the last time you ran? Last week.
17. Worst injury you've ever had? I seriously broke my leg when I was only a year old and just learning to walk.
18. Ever go to camp? Farm camp. It was just like it sounds: a camp on a farm.
19. What is your heritage? Belgian/Italian/Euromutt
20. What were you doing at 12AM last night? Reading the newspaper
I’ll see you on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I personally liked your name, Jade. And I have one question that randomly pops up in my head:-

    When you dream, do you dream from the 1st person perspective or from the 3rd person perspective?

    ReplyDelete