Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Running.

               It’s a red-in-the-face, monster-in-the-gut type of feeling. Something straight out of hell that damns you in sweat. Damns you in third degree burns rising from within. It’s your blood thickening and dragging you down into the pavement. It’s the last leg. It’s a fiendish phenomena.
                So, I went running today.
                As you can probably tell, I’m not too fond of running. The strain, the pain. Not necessarily my cup of tea.
                Don’t get me wrong, I like the part about halfway into it. That stretch where consequence can’t quite keep up. You’ve got a crown of sweat and a ‘can do’ attitude. It’s where the pounding of your shoes matches the pounding of your heart and fatigue is nowhere to be found.
                But that fatigue is a little devil. He waits for you until you’re almost back home. Almost coming up the drive, almost finished. He strikes and the aforementioned paragraph of dreadfulness starts to run its course.
                I just hope I can use my legs tomorrow. (:

2 comments:

  1. I don't run unless someone is chasing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I. I don't usually run unless one of the following occurs:-

    1) Being chased by something/someone
    2) Chasing after something/someone
    3) Gained super-speed ability
    4) I work for some fitness company
    5) Forced to do it
    6) Wanted to do it
    7) Late for something/someone
    8) All of the above
    9) Some of them at a time
    10) Some random and useless points just to try to keep the list going

    ReplyDelete