Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hideaway.

“Don’t you dare look out your window,
Darling,
Everything’s on fire.”
Pacing these floorboards
Might bring you straight to heaven,
Baby.
When the dawn splinters out in
Its discernment,
Only the
Translucent
Survive.
I need you here,
Child,
Under the celestial supervision of
The deciduous forest and GOD.
I will sing you lullabies of spring
As the dewdrops collect on our toes.
I will fight for your soul,
Wrap you in feathers and photosynthesis
I will give you a resounding paradise
If he lets me.




Hey, so today I was rifling though an old notebook and I found a poem that sparked my interest.
It’s dated 12/27/09.

I’m beginning
To doubt
My distorted reality
Tangibility
Is maddening
In its ambiguity
Disconnected
Spells where I have
Been pulled from
The socket
Of presence

No comments:

Post a Comment