Monday, September 5, 2011

Black-Out(ish) Poetry.

You know black-out poetry? You know where you get a page of text and black out all the words that aren’t interesting enough in order to form a poem? I sort of did that to create this piece, except I cut out what I wanted and arranged them how I pleased. Which is proabably cheating, but who says I play by the rules?



Every day
A pilgrim without a destination
Who talks to total strangers.
Some kind of hero
Magically rescuing
A smile.
God isn’t way up in the sky.
Small, sweet, milk-scented
Eugene, Oregon.
The universe:
Memoirs, essays, short stories,
“You are a human being!”
Falling hopelessly
In love.
I’d watch him,
A ferociously devoted
One-woman army.
I don’t really know.
Holy
Eyes that gaze.
Blood red pomegranate
Conscious writing.
Name withheld
Simmering
In
The glory and the heartache of being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment