Saturday, July 9, 2011

I don't have a title!

So sorry I didn’t post back on Thursday, but let me remind you that the dates are subject to change as long as I get my three posts in. Summer is crazy, and I love it.
So here’s your triweekly dose of pretentious literary attempts a la Jade.



You lie in sheets of glory
Echoing and sweating
The confetti of your superbowl victory
And notes of a jazz night triumph
Spilling from your saxophonic ears.
Cheers and hoofbeats
Reverberate just under a milling epidermis
As long as Apollo reigns
And China’s dreaming.
After two
When the heavens reflect soft charcoal
And your trophy wife
Croons fluttering German under down blankets.
The support groups
And sycophants dissolve in sweaty palms
Like oyster crackers,
Every facet
Specifically identical in lonesomeness
Like a pair of twins never were.
The bite-sized hours of the morning
Simply demand such inevitable nostalgia
In all its sorts.
Ghostly coos
And the pumping of your mind
Are the only sounds to
Ring out over the crooning German.

No comments:

Post a Comment